We maintain a client-centered approach to its work in line with the Center for Financial Inclusion's Beyond Codes guidelines on Client Protection. These guidelines encourage microfinance institutions worldwide to advance six principles:
- Avoidance of Over-Indebtedness. IC$ takes reasonable steps to ensure that credit will be extended only if clients demonstrate an adequate ability to repay and the loans will not put them at a significant risk of over-indebtedness.
- Transparent Pricing. In accordance with this principle and applicable law, our pricing, terms and conditions of financial products (including APR, interest charges, finance charges, etc.) are transparent and adequately disclosed in a form understandable to clients.
- Appropriate Collections Practices. Our debt collection practices are not abusive or coercive.
- Ethical Staff Behavior. Our staff complies with high ethical standards in their interaction with clients and we ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to detect and correct corruption or mistreatment of clients.
- Mechanisms for Redress of Grievances. We have timely and responsive mechanisms for complaints and problem resolution in place for our clients.
- Privacy of Client Data. The privacy of individual client data is respected and such data is not used for purposes other than serving the client and reporting to donors without the express permission of the client.